Thursday, May 28, 2009

Last Day of School

Today was officially Paige's last day as a Kindergartner! I can't believe the "baby" is going to be a First-Grader this fall. It just doesn't seem possible. She brought home her report card and did quite well. I don't know why I was disappointed to see the little check mark that said she gets to go on to First Grade in the fall. Not that I don't want her to do well, it's just hard to know she's growing up so quickly. It almost makes me a little teary-eyed. Ok, it actually makes me cry. Silly mom!!

I start working at the daycare already tomorrow. Nothing like getting right to it. I think it's going to be fun. I know Paige is excited to get to see her friends and spend time with them this summer. I'm pretty sure she would have gotten bored rather quickly if we weren't going to the daycare, so it really is a win-win.

I was also talked to today about the possibility of going back to the school in Pomeroy in the fall. It's not a definite yet and I won't know until the end of June, but it's nice to know there is a chance.

Paige has her first t-ball game at 7:15 tonight. Should be pretty interesting considering they've only had one practice. The only thing that matters is that the kids are having fun.

That was all the excitement from today. Otherwise, we've had a pretty quiet week. The holiday weekend was especially quiet since Josh's race car was wrecked Saturday night and he spent all day Sunday and all day Monday trying to get it back together. Few more hours this weekend and it should be ready for racing Saturday night. Josh's uncle and aunt Darwin and Debby Eaton are celebrating their 30th anniversary by sponsoring the VIP booth at the Algona Raceway on Saturday night so there will be some extra fans on hand to support the 68 Race Team.

Paige and I went to Oleson Park in Fort Dodge on Sunday. They have a petting zoo there and she had a ball. She had a lot of fun feeding the goats. The girl loves goats!! If you are in Fort Dodge on a weekend afternoon, it's worth stopping by.

Monday was a pretty quiet day at home. We did go to the shop so Paige could ride her go-cart and we got pizza to feed all the hungry helpers working on the car.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

No comments: