Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Pool, The Parade and The Party

What a miserably hot weekend!! And, of course, we were busy all weekend.

On Friday evening, we went to the pool to cool off. We even talked Josh into going. He didn't really want to go, but once he was there he really enjoyed it. We like to go to the pool at 5:00 for "family hour". It's much quieter and less crowded at that time.

Saturday was the Havelock, Iowa quasqicentennial. Josh was nice enough to load up the racecar and enter it in the parade. Paige decided she wanted to sit on the back of the racecar instead of in the air conditioning of the Suburban. And lucky me, I got to sit back there with her. She had a blast waving at people and throwing out candy. Of course, by the end of the parade her pocket was full of the candy that she liked! She was sorting it before throwing it. Typical Paige!

We went to the races in Algona on Saturday night. After a few weeks of really bad luck and a few weekends off it was really fun to watch Josh race again. A nice breeze would have made it even better.

On Sunday, Paige and I attended a birthday party in Laurens for Kennedy Tate, who turned 4 earlier in the week. Happy Birthday, Kennedy!!

Last week was my first week back to work full-time so I'm back to working 10 hour days. I was getting pretty spoiled with the half-days, so it's been a little difficult to go back.

I am trying to be very organized since I don't get home until about 6:20 or so. I made up a couple weeks of supper menus and try to get as much done ahead of time as I can. It has been working out well. I'll just have to see how long I can keep it up. Sometimes the planning is harder than the implementation!

Hope everyone is staying cool!

No comments: