Monday, June 5, 2006

More News from the Doctor's Office

At least this time it's not Paige!

I am scheduled to have surgery on my shoulder tomorrow. I am having arthroscopy to remove some bone spurs in 3 areas of my shoulder and to repair a tear of the rotator cuff caused by the spurs.

I have been having some pain in my shoulder since about October. It just wasn't bad enough to see a doctor until about a month ago. We have tried a couple different medications, physical therapy and cortisone injections. Seems surgery is the last resort. I went to the orthopedist on Friday to schedule surgery and LUCKY for me, there was a cancellation at the hospital. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been so soon. I'll be glad to get it over with, though.

I hope it's not a bad "omen" to have it on 06/06/06. It should all go well since it's just an out-patient procedure.

Will post an update as soon as I can. I may have to type with one hand, but will be sure to let everyone know all went well.

I will be off work for 4-6 weeks, so feel free to call or stop by the house. I figure I'll be bored to tears by the end of this week!

No comments: