Monday, August 20, 2007

First Day of School


Today was the first day of school.
Cameron is in 8th grade. And after much careful thought and consideration, we decided to put Paige into Pre-K (prep). I think she may have been a LITTLE more excited than he was. Cameron did pick out his clothes the night before, so I think he was ready. We also picked out Paige's last night since she had to make sure I picked out "something cute". Her exact words. She had an open house at school last night. She got to take her school supplies and meet her teacher, Mrs. Clausen.




I had to work this morning so Josh got the kids up and ready for school. Cam didn't want to ride with dad, so he rode his bike. But Josh took Paige to school and was a little "misty-eyed" when she just said "bye Dad". I'm glad she didn't carry on and cry. I think it was hard for him to send his baby to big school. She will go everyday, but only from 8:15 to 11:30.

Paige will turn 5 on August 28th. That's the biggest reason we chose Prep. She is still one of the youngest in her class. She also still takes naps and is very growly if she doesn't get one. We just figured one more year of 1/2 days wouldn't hurt.

Cam's last year of junior high started today. He's excited because he'll get to "rule the school" this year. I think he just likes to go to school for the social experiences!

No comments: